Monday, November 17, 2014

"Somehow [how bad the frying pan is] had totally slipped my mind"-Phineaus and Ferb "[He's] quiet, too quiet"-Shrek "And we all share one bathroom"-Horton Hears a Who "Well finely!"-Shrek 2

I made pancakes the other night, and I had forgot that the frying pan is crap, so yea, burnt pancakes for me.   Still great and I love pancakes, but just the smell and trying to clean it and all that stuff wasn't the best.   It was a total "What kind of a Domcov" moment from Doctor Doofensmirtz.   Funny, but would have been better if there was a decent frying pan.
My new companion is Elder Muzonde, a great guy.   Super powerful teacher and it is great being with him, but he is quiet.   He just don't say much, and as we know I say a lot.   It will be a great transfer with him, but I need him to warm up and speak.   He is the only member of his family, the rest are of different faiths.   His sister is actually in the states and is anti-mormon.   But here he is, serving the Lord with all his heart, might, mind and strength.   Great guy.
The bathroom situation is fun.   Only one shower, the floor is always soaked, and dirty, I wonder if college feels like this.   I don't know, all I know is we can't take any more people in our house.   Too small.
We finely got our own baptismal fount here in Chegutu, which is nice cause it is a huge pain in the butt getting to and from Kadoma in a Kombie with forty to fifty people.   So we will be doing baptisms and such here in Chegutu.  
  Our meeting yesterday was a little small, since it rained for the first time, and people seem to be afraid they will melt.   But we had 11 people confirmed from baptisms the last few weeks.   Things here in Chegutu are going great.  

I have to be fast this one, we got to go somewhere really quick and then get back here to continue what we are doing.   We had three baptisms on Saturday in our side, a great group of people, and we got more on the way.   We are looking for a more reverent place to have our church meetings.  We might have found one, we are actually gonna go and take a member of the Kadoma Branch to it now, hence the urgency.   Things are going well, sorry this is so short.
"Things will work out. Keep trying. Be believing. Be happy. Don't get discouraged. Things will work out."
-Gordon B Hinckley 15th President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
I know this Church is true.   I know God speaks to man in our day.   I know Jesus is the Christ.   I love them, and I know they love us.
"Is this a pit, I think I'm in a pit.  That guy better be back soon."
"I'm just a big fat panda, I'm The big fat panda."
"Our dear friend has been taken by a creature called the Bacson."
"The invisible trident of destiny!"
Love you all.   

No comments:

Post a Comment