Monday, April 20, 2015

"Did that just say grand Central station, or my aunts constipation?"-Madagascar "Good thing [we've got] a spare"-How to train your dragon "[We're] so goofy"-Extremely Goofy Movie "It's gone, it's back, it's gone"-Phineas and Ferb

Okay, so we went to Harare this past week, and when we go to Harare they hire a sprinter bus a big old omni bus that is supposed to hold some 25 people that they take us for the three to four hour drive to and from Harare.   So when on the bus, if you aren't lucky you get to listen to really irritating and really crappy Shona music that is too loud, and that you can't understand anyway.   But sometimes you catch what sounds like an English word, and it sounds like a bad word, and you think, "wait what did that just say?"   I prefer English music.




We have had a lot of tire problems out here, lots of really bad roads with really sharp rocks makes for popped tires and other problems.   People say mission prepares you for the rest of your life, so maybe I am supposed to be a mechanic, cause I have gotten really good at changing tires and that sort of thing.   I don't know, all I know is I am tired of tire punches.

So, as a District Leader I do exchanges with the members of my District.   So I was with Elder Mushala a missionary going home in a week, and we were gonna be working together in Sakubva.   So we went to get lunch.   So we were getting a Shwama, a really good chicken wrap kind of thing, and we both like Phineas and Ferb, so we are sitting there in the eating area, and we start singing some Phineas and Ferb songs, and we did the same thing walking through the area.   I realized how weird it must have looked for the people who were walking past us, singing the main title to the show, it was fun, but it was goofy.   

Anyway, the weather is really not sure what it wants to do, it will be nice and cool and rainy and then it will get hot and sunny, then it will go back and then forth and back and forth and back... and forth and back and forth, and it is really irritating.   Winter is on it's way, I can see that cause it is getting progressively cooler, and the rain is coming more and more often, which is nice, just need it to get here and stay here. 



Mostly we eat at home, and so it is usually sandwiches for me.   Everything I cook seems to come out wrong, and we don't have the tools to cook most of what I know how to cook, our oven sucks and so it is kind of stick to the messed up frying pan.   So yea, I eat, just nothing fancy.   I am feeling great, no tape worm, no nothing, just slimming down.   I have been working out in the mornings, so hopefully that will also help me slim down.   I hope so.   

We had a good week, a little low on lessons and such, two days in Harare and lots of lessons where the people weren't there, so yea.   However the good news is that our recently baptized sister was confirmed on Sunday and so she is now a full member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.   That was great.   We are working really hard in the area, and so that should make some things happen.   Transfers are this week, and so I might be leaving here pretty soon, you never know.   

"Following Christ is not a casual or occasional practice but a continuous commitment and way of life that applies at all times and in all places."
-Dallin H Oaks

When we were baptized we covenanted to "be a witness of [Jesus Christ] at all times and in all things and in all places that [we] may be in even until death" as we are taught in Mosiah by the Prophet Alma.   I know that this is true.    God expects us to live our lives in such a way that all who see us will see Him.   We are his representatives in all that we do.   I know that people are watching us, and that God wants us to put our best foot forward.   Imagine how good it will be to have someone tell us that we influenced them to do good by our example.   That would be a wonderful thing.

"You feeling lucky, punk? Easy Ironhide.   I just wanted to show him my cannons."
"Why do I get the feeling you're going to be the death of me?"
"You fail me again Starscream, get them!"
"Luck, in my day there was no such thing as luck."


Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment