Monday, August 18, 2014

"Which ones the quarterback? Where's your helmet? Pick up the ball pick up the ball, dang! These Zims don't know the first thing about football!"-Flushed Away "Whats everybody on the wrong side of the road for?"-Cars 2

Okay, so I am sending this to as many people as I could figure out how, since the computer is being stupid.   I don't know if i will be able to respond to all of the emails today, since it has been hectic.   Okay, so I have been transferred, to the Chegutu A area, a brand new area that has never had missionaries before, with a green-y Elder Hove, and so we have been trying to get out here for a few hours.   I am now driving in Zimbabwe, someone catch mom, in case she faints on hearing the news.   I am driving a Stick Shift car, which is interesting, because other then the two hours it took to drive to my new area, my experience with stick shift was... like none.   SO YEAH.   That was interesting.   One of the hardest parts was driving on the left side of the road, and so yeah, it could take a little bit to get used to.   It will be interesting, even though I am inexperienced at it.   So yea, driving in Zim, it is gonna be great.
Football in good old Orting starts this week.   Man I miss it.   Really I can understand Kenny Chesney's feelings in the song "Boys of Fall" cause I will always feel like one of those boys, strapping on my helmet and shoulder pads, and getting ready to kill somebody cause he is in the wrong color jersey.   Man I miss it back there.   I hope they do well.   Hard to believe that ten months have flown by like the blink of an eye and I wish I could understand how time can go so fast.   This time next year I will be almost done.   But I don't want to think to heavily  on that.
New area, don't know a single thing about it yet, other then what has been said already.   My last area had two baptisms last Saturday, and it went great.   I will send pictures next week, currently everything is still packed, we aren't even in our area yet, since the apartment wont be ready till Wednesday.   I had to say good-bye to everyone I knew in Mkoba, probably for a very long time.   The hymn "God be with you till we meet again" says the line "till we meet at Jesus' feet"   and it really hits it right on the head.   I will miss all of those I served with and around, and may not see them for a long long time.   

My new companion has been on mission for three months.   He is also from Zimbabwe, most of the missionaries here now are.   He is super new to mission and as his second companion or in mission terms his breaker it will be fun to work with him.   Haven't got the chance to get to know him to much.   I will in the next at the very least six weeks.   Interesting fact, I will be with a bunch of Shone's this transfer.   So yea, might be the only marondgo around for a while.   That will be interesting.  
"Never lose hope, when the sun goes down, the stars come out."
-Unknown
"When we are unduly impatient with an omniscient God's timing, we are really suggesting that we know what is best.   Strange isn't it- we who wear wrist watches seek to counsel Him who oversees cosmic clocks and calendars."
-Neal A Maxwell of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles   
"The best way to make a permanent change for good is to make Jesus Christ your model and his teaching your guide for life."
-Richard G Scott of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
I listened to a song the other day, it said "Jesus was no ordinary man".   I testify that Jesus was the Christ, the Son of the Living God.   I testify that He came to earth to save us all by paying the price of our sins.   The "just for the unjust" as Paul puts it in the Bible.   I know that He rose again on the third day and that because He did, we will all live again.   What a wonderful gift.   Thomas S Monson is a Prophet of God, and so was Joseph Smith.   The Book of Mormon is true.   I know that these things are true.
"Don't even think about it.   How'd you know it was me?   I'm your mother I know everything."
"Is it like this every night?   Of course not, last night we had meatloaf."
"I'm in a tree with a man who talks to monkeys."
"I have a big head, and little arms, I'm just wondering how well this plan was thought through... Master?"

Love you all.   I will try to respond to my emails.   

No comments:

Post a Comment