Thursday, February 13, 2014

"I knew I should have taken the left turn at Albuquerque." -Bugs Bunny

Well this week was a great week.   I got some stuff to say, so let us get right to it. 

The area is doing good this week.   We had an investigator and her daughter come to Church yesterday, and that went well.   They went to all three hours, and they really seemed to be interested and to be enjoying what they were experiencing.   They accepted a Book of Mormon, and the Sisters are working on setting up another time to meet with them.   Since there isn't a man in the house it is easier for the Sisters to teach them then for us Elders.   We have had a lot of great lessons this week, and we were able to give a sick brother a blessing yesterday.   I am beginning to learn the area, and driving in Cali isn't so bad.   But people here don't use their blinkers so much, so it is a little like Washington.   We had a Zone Conference and a Mission Conference, both of which were great, and I will go into the Mission Conference in more depth latter.  

My companions and I are really doing well together.   We are working on getting better at inviting people to baptism, because if we don't invite they can't use their agency to decide to say yes or no. We had a talk last night or the night before about how we need to "assume goodwill"  and make sure that we show our gratitude for each other and be open and honest with each other.   We were doing good at that anyway but it was something we felt we needed to discuss.   We go jogging every other day in the morning, and either I am going to die from it, or it will make me stronger.   I am not sure which.   

I have a lot to say as far as testimonies go.   I have a testimony that the Lord honors fasts.   I don't know if I said this last week, but if I did I don't care.   California has had 63 days without rain.   We were in a terrible drought.   They were talking water rationing, and all this other stuff.   Then we had a fast for rain, and it wasn't just us.   We invited all those who are religious to fast or pray for rain.   This past week we have received rain that made me feel like I was back in Washington.   Another reason I have a testimony of fasting is this; this past week I was informed that my Pop-Pop was in the hospital for surgery because he had fallen and broken his hip.   I was terrified for my Pop-Pop.  And so the night I was informed of it I started to fast for him.   The next night I was told that he was doing okay.   That they were working with him, and that everything should be good from here on out. I know that if you have faith and pray and fast, wither it is for some huge change in the weather to bring rain to a drought stricken land, or for the health and safety of someone that you love Heavenly Father will honor that fast and your faith, and bless you and those you are fasting for with what they need.   I don't know fully the condition of my Pop-Pop, but I have been told that my Momma is down there with him, and that gives me comfort.   I know Heavenly Father loves us and will NEVER let us down.   

We had Mission Conference this week, on Saturday in fact.   And we were blessed to receive guidance from an Apostle of the Lord.   Elder Quinten L Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, and his wife, came and spoke to us as a whole Mission.   They shared many things that were amazingly spiritual, and the Spirit and love that they had for us was amazing.   We were all invited to shake their hands, and they had a warm smile and friendly words for all of us.   Elder Cook testified to us that we are where we are supposed to be.   He told us of the process that they go through to call us to our areas of service, and he said he knew that the Spirit would not let them call us to the wrong place.   He testified that for one reason or another the Lord needs us to be right here, right now.   He ended his talk by bestowing on us a blessing, and Apostalic Blessing.   The Spirit in that room was so peaceful and powerful when he blessed us.   He blessed us and all those that we love.   I know that he is an Apostle of God, a special witness of Jesus Christ.   

I love you all and I miss you all. 


"When's the last time you got oiled?   I can't really say with my kid sister right here."
"Get out of here before I call the brute squad!   I'm on the brute squad.   You are the brute squad!'
"I think bowling with porcupines wasn't a good idea.  Yep got to up there with bobbing for snapping turtles."
"I'll get that arrow pretty boy, and I'll do it with my shirt on."

Do you know those ones?   If I am repeating ones I am sorry, it is hard to remember which ones I have used.        

No comments:

Post a Comment