Monday, September 22, 2014

So[what do you do on P-days] absolutely nothing!"-Space Balls "Stop following me okay!"-Finding Nemo

Had a few more I could have used but time is short, and computers are super not good out here.   Tried to respond to an email from Auntie Jessie, but the computer deleted half of it.   So Auntie Jessie, I got you message, thank you so much for the email and encouragement and I love you so much.
Hard to believe that a year ago I was at Auntie Lizzy's place, staying up all night playing Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword cause I wanted to beat it in a week.   And I did too.   Man that seems like such a long time ago, and at the same time, not that long ago at all.   I love my family and I really enjoyed that week I spent at Liz's.   

There is nothing to do on P-day here in Chegutu.   I mean nothing.   We email, we shop and that is it.   But today I got some stuff to use for baking banana bread, which should turn out well.   Hopefully.   There is a dam outside of Kadoma but we need permission to do that and we haven't received it yet.  
I have a strange group of followers.   All the drunk people follow me around, and all the little children.   I don't know which is more irritating and weird.   Seriously, they just migrate towards me, both of them.   It is weird.
We see a lot of large reptiles out here, and the other day an investigator kissed my hand.   Don't know if he was drunk or what, but I might not shake hands with him again.  
The area is good.   38 people at church yesterday.   That is a new record.   Got to get Mackaire to give me those pictures.   That might take a while.   Anyway, things are going well.   We are working on doing a group marriage that might or might not get us in the Ensign so keep you eyes out for it.
Everything here is great.   My companion and I are probably gonna be together for another transfer, so that will be nice.   I really love the guy.  
"To be effective in sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ, we must have this purpose in our mind, feel it in out heart, accept it in our soul and act upon it."
-D Todd Christofferson of the Qurome of the Twelve Apostles
"The best way to make a permanent change for good is to make Jesus Christ your model and His teachings your guide for life."
-Richard G Scott of the Qurome of the Twelve Apostles
"If we don't feel like praying then we should pray until we do feel like praying."
-Ezra Taft Benson 13th Prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I recently started to read the Book of Mormon again.   It truly answers the questions of the soul.   I know that the book is true.   It contains the word of God, clarifies teachings in and fully supports the Bible.   I know that when we pray and ask God we can receive answers to our prayers, I know it, I've done it.   God lives.   He is there.   No matter what everyone else may say HE IS THERE.   I agree with the great prophet Alma "All things denote that there is a God, yea the earth and all that is in it denotes a supreme creator."   God is that supreme creator, and even though He is holding all creation in its place, He always has the time to hear us and answer our prayers.  
"Putting the word 'who' in front of everything doesn't make it hurt less it just wastes time."
"A person is smart. People are dumb, violent animals and you know it."
"You can be what ever kind of mayor you wanna be, hands on, strong and silent, its really up to you."
"So wait you just flash her with that thing and it erases her memory and you replace it with a different one? Standard issue nuralizer."
Love ya
 

No comments:

Post a Comment