Monday, September 8, 2014

"What do you think that that means?"-Horton Hears a Who "I smell, I smell, [sewage]"-Land Before Time

I see a lot of people out here with designs and pictures on their shirts that they don't know what they are for.   I have seen a person in a Washington State University Sweatshirt and I asked him what it was for you know what he said???   He said for the first president of America.   Elder Brandonburg and I both wanted to cry.   That was of course last transfer, but even worse I saw a person with a Detroit Red Wings hat, and he didn't know what it was for.   I wanted to cry when I saw that.   It was all dirty and beat up and it was awe-full.   I was so sad.   I don't know where they get all of that stuff from, but I wish I knew.   They get some pretty cool stuff, TMNT shirts, Pokemon, Starwars.   I mean all this cool stuff, and they don't even know why it is cool.   There was a guy with the classic Beatles shirt you know with them all crossing the street, and the guy didn't even know who they were.   Sad.   

I don't know why, but in the right area of my area with the wind blowing the right way, you get a face full of sewage smell.   I think they are redoing the sewer lines or something.   All I know is dang, it don't smell good.   And we get it almost everyday.   It is interesting.   

This week we had Branch Conference in Kadoma, which is about an hour or so away from Chegutu.   So we organized to have a commuter bus, other wise called a kombe, to pick up members and investigators.   We had a decent turn out, and so off to Kadoma we went.   It was a fun conference, and since it is a mission ran group, it was presided over by the second councilor in the Mission Presidency.   Afterwards we had to wait for the Kombe to come back and pick us up and take us back home.   It was hot yesterday two.   NOTHING is worse then being in your suit in a Kombe for an hour and a half on a hot day, let me tell you.   Lots of people we are trying to prepare for Baptism but they aren't coming to church, that can be frustrating, but we will work through it, and things will get done.

 They gave me a different car then the one I had when I began, so I have learned two cars, one a Chevy and one a Toyota.   I am currently driving a red Toyota, and it is going well, though I still struggle with finding the friction point sometimes.   But it is going well.  

One thing I don't like about the area.   The speed limit signs and things like that are almost non-existent.   And you guessed it, I got a speeding ticket.   I thought I was in an 80 KM zone when I was in a sixty.   So thinking I was in an 80 I figured 75 was a good speed.   The police officer thought a $15 ticket was a good response to it.   Long story short, I will NEVER get a speeding ticket out here again, cause if I don't know the speed limit I am gonna go 60 since it seems to be the 35 MPH of Zimbabwe.            

"There are times when we have to step into the darkness in faith, confident that God will place solid ground beneath our feet once we do."
-Dieter F Utchdorf Second Councilor in the First Presidency 

"Guided by the Holy Spirit we will learn from our mistakes.   If we stumble, we will rise.   If we falter, we will go on.   We will never waver, we will never give up."  
-Dieter F Utchdorf Second Councilor in the First Presidency 

"Please understand that having faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and keeping His commandments are and always will be the defining test of mortality."
-Quentin L Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles 

I know that the Priesthood Authority is the power to act in Gods name.   And I know it works.   A few weeks ago Elder Hove and I were asked to give a kid a blessing.   Just some kid, didn't know him, but they wanted him to have a blessing, since he was very sick.   So we gave him a blessing and then they thanked us and we continued on our way.   A few days ago this little kid runs up to me and asked if I remembered who he was.   After a moment I recognized him as the kid we had blessed.   He told us he had had the measles, and now he was feeling much better.   Now when ever we go past him he smiles and waves at us.   

I know Priesthood Authority is again on the Earth, and that it was restored through Joseph Smith.   I know that with it our lives can be blessed and we can be healed of sickness, comforted in times of distress and that with it sacred ordinances such as Baptism can be done the way God wants them done.   I know this church is led by a prophet of God.

"Remember the end?   That already happened it destroyed our cave. No that was the beginning of the end."
"I think those chickens are planning something.   Repeat after me: its all in your head"
"no he is a pet and he is mine.   Whats a pet?   An animal you don't eat.   We call those children."
"They don't let chickens fly airplanes!"

Love you all.  
       


No comments:

Post a Comment