Monday, December 8, 2014

"[Waterguns] there's nothing [better]"-Horton Hears a Who "Thats new"-Princess and the Frog "Well this is awkward"-Phineaus and Ferb

My entire house and the Kadoma Elders got water guns last Monday and we had a huge water fight in the Kadoma house.   One Elder, Elder Kwaramba got a launcher and he was just going to town, everyone else had little pea shooters, and we just soaked the house.   That was so much fun, and now we have them in the house, and we just have fights once in a while.   I'm telling ya man, there is nothing better on a boring day then filling up a water gun and shooting people with it.   I love it, and it is a great way to bond as a house.  
Several new things happening here in Chegutu.   Because of Christmas we have ended the transfer two weeks early, which means that today is the start of my 11th transfer on mission.   That's new.   Which means that this will be an 8 week transfer to get us back on track.   That's new.    Also I have stayed here in Chegutu which will be a total of four transfers here in Chegutu, totally at almost 6 months in an area, which is the longest that I have been in an area, and may be the longest of my mission.   That's new.   Yeah, so a lot of new stuff going on here.  
There is nothing more awkward then trying to explain to someone a reason why they can't get baptized, especially when it isn't directly related to them.   For instance.   There is a religion in Zimbabwe that encourages polygamy, and church policy says not to baptize them when the one or the other is involved in polygamy.   Worse is when it is the child of someone who is involved in polygamy who wants to be baptized but can't.   It is just awkward, and difficult to explain to them.  
I am doing well, and am doing my best to get lots of water, but it can be difficult knowing which water is safe to drink and which one I should avoid, out in the area where there is no filter to put it through. 

Still in the process of becoming a branch, they are filling out the paper work to send to Salt Lake to get approved.   I can't wait till we are a branch, it will be a great day.   We are having four baptisms on Saturday, which is great, the area is growing and the recent converts are super strong.   There are lots of things getting done, and in spite of the difficulty talked about above we still have lots of people we are preparing for baptisms farther down the line.   I love the people and all of the things that we are able to do with them.   What I don't like to much is there are so many people who want to argue with us.   There is an Anti-Message guy who is just interested in teaching us what he believes, and in proving to us that we are wrong.   I finely got sick of it and told him that isn't why I am here, and that if he wants to learn and to read he can call us.   That was last week, and no word so far.      
None of the families I have visited with have one (a Nativity).   I don't know what one would look like.   There are no decorations for Christmas, mostly becasue all of it is so expensive, I am thining about getting some lights, but trees are way to much and so is everything else.   I so wish we had a tree, and lights and all that good stuff, but I have hung up my stocking. 

My companion and  I are both staying here in Chegutu, which is nice, I really like Elder Muzonde, and now that we have gotten to know each other he is quite the talker.   (There is no spell check on the computer I am sorry if things are spelled wrong)   I have a friend who is serving in his home ward in Harare, which is pretty funny.   My companion has really connected with the people we are teaching.    
"Have no fear, slacken not your labors for the truth, live as becometh saints. You are in the right way, and the Lord will not let your efforts fail."
-Joseph F.Smith 6th President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

"The Gospel of Jesus is the way of peace. To the extent we follow it and incorporate it in our lives, to this extent will we be blessed and prospered. What a wonderful thing it is to be involved in this glorious work. Let us rejoice in our great opportunity,
let us serve with gladness."
-Gordon B Hinckley 15th President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints   
I testify that God loves us.   I have seen great people reach out to those around them and share that love.   We are God's hands on earth.   As we share our love for others and for Him, we help Him to take care of His children.   I know that He is real, and that He is there.   I know that as we stand firm in our faith of Him, as we stand by Him, He will stand by us.   I have been reading the Old Testament as of late, and even when it got rough for Moses and the Israelites they were upheld as they stood true to their faith.   We can have the same.
"No, my parents are wealthy, but they cut me off for being a leach!"
"Sony boy, I invented Hakuna Matata. Oh yea, well I perfected it."
"I wanna play with the big boys, why don't you? I tried once, it didn't end well."
"I feel like bowling with porcupines wasn't such a good idea. Yeah, right up there with bobbing for snapping turtles."
I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment