Tuesday, June 9, 2015

"FYI, not my fault"-Shrek 2 "I love you daddy!" "Okay, I'm driving so [stop touching things]."-Shrek 4 "If it appears [Mutare] is getting smaller, it's because I'm leaving."-Robots

Okay, so out here in Africa many people have a mentality on time called Africa Time, which is worse then Mormon Standard Time by far.   So we have meetings every week to be at as missionaries, and we were late to most of them this past week, because my three housemates were so slow.   Like the Sister missionaries would be giving me fire for being late, and I would just tell them that it was not my fault.   Nothing can be more annoying then Africa Time right before District meeting.   

Okay, so Yesterday was Father's Day, at least, I think it was.   Even if not this is not something that can be over said.   I love you Dad.   I have been greatly blessed to have been able to have you as my Dad, and I love you so much.   I miss you a lot, and I hope your Father's Day was great.   

Okay, so one of my district members is a young man named Elder Oscar, who has a bad habit of messing with my car while I am driving.   I turn the brights on, he turns them off, I turn the radio up, he turns it down, I turn it down he turns it up.   He messes with the shifter, the hand break like everything.    Dude it horrible but I almost punched him for it.   "Keep your smurfs to yourselves!"-Smurf Movie

Okay, so the reason that I didn't email yesterday is that I have been transferred, to a place called Bulawayo.   It is like the opposite end of the mission from where I was.   Two hours to Harare from Mutare, then Six hours to Bulawayo from Harare.   Long time to travel.   So I am now in an Area called Nketa 1st, and I am still a District Leader, and my companion and I are both new to the area, so we have white washed it.   That is interesting.   Probably gonna die here.   I am excited.

So my new comp is an Elder named Elder Dandara, and he has been on mission for a little over a year.   He has been here in Bulawayo for over six months, but in a different Zone.   He is a nice guy, I met him yesterday for the first time, and we are laughing and having fun already.   It is great.


I am healthy, I am eating, I am well.   No rain, no thunder storms, but it was cold last night.   I only have one blanket right now, and that is pretty thin, and they haven't discovered insulation out here yet.   So it was pretty chilly, but it was okay, it was time to get up anyway.

Not much to say about the area, haven't really been there yet.   It is a bit like the Mkoba's back in Gweru, which will be interesting.   I am no longer driving.   Contrary to what I had thought I might end my mission on foot.   That is also interesting.   

On my side of the Moon, kids are in School, and are playing soccer.   They are always playing soccer.   It is their pass time.   

"I hope to be judged as good a man as my father.   Before I hear those words 'well done' from my Heavenly Father, I hope to first hear them from my mortal father."
-Boyd K Packer

"We have been born as Nephi of old, to goodly parents who love the Lord."
-We'll Bring the World His Truth

I feel much as President Packer, and Nephi felt.   I have been blessed to have been able to have two wonderful parents, who have taught me to fear the Lord, and keep His commandments, and to use a scriptural term "blessed be the name of my God" for it.   God puts us in our families so that we can become better people, progress to be more like Him and learn and grow in a good environment.   We are blessed to have families and to be able to feel their love and show them ours.   I love my family, more then all the marshmallows in the world.   I hope that all of us will take the time to show our love to those that we love.

I know God lives, and has a plan for all of us.

"Curse your Perry the Platypus!"
"Head lines don't sell pape's newsies sell pape's."
"Hey, isn't that on our list of S words seldom used by kids of our day?"
"I smell money, you small foul. Met this girl last night.   Move your elbow, pass the towel, for a buck I might."

I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment