Monday, April 14, 2014

"That and someone stole my bike [seat]. - Meet the Robinsons "Guys, order another round cause [I'm] staying here!" -Bugs Life

Well this was a good week.   Transfer calls went out on Saturday and I am not being Transferred.   Yep I get to stay in great, beautiful Cherry Glen/Dry Creek California.   That will be great we have some great investigators and they are coming along great.   On Saturday night me and Elder Dean were out contacting and when we got back to our bikes someone had taken my bike seat.   It was one of those "easy removal" ones and we looked around and couldn't find it.   So yeah, that was interesting.   I am asking my Mission President what he thinks I should do, buy a new bike seat or just trade bikes.   So Momma, could you make sure there is some money on my card?   Bike repairs/replacements falls under the category of "Missionary uses own money" thing.   I have no idea what the plan is.  Knowing President Watkins he might just have me swap bikes or some such thing.   Don't panic, don't freak out, don't worry.   Everything is great and we are in the car right now anyways so it will all be great.   

We had two investigators at Church yesterday.   It was great.   One of them we have been trying to get here for a while and he finely came!   I am so happy.   Now we just have to keep the momentum going.   Which will be great.   The other one is thinking of a Baptismal date, and he is loving everything he gets taught.   He went to Conference and he has been reading books by big Church people and it is all great.   Our other Investigator Paul has moved to the Campbell ward, about ten to fifteen minuets away from us.   Last night we called the Bishop of that area and gave him all the information on Paul so he will be picked up and taken care of over there.   

Elder Dean and I have been great.   He is a wonderful Elder and I am really happy to be his companion for another six weeks.   We do have our differences but that is okay, cause we work together well, and we have a lot of fun while doing it.   We joke and really enjoy going about this work.   

"Do what God tells  you to do now, and depend upon this, you will be shown what to do next."   -Elisabeth Elliot
"Have the love for the Lord to be obedient, even if you don't know why."  -Sister Watkins

We had Zone Training Meeting last week.   Sister Watkins talked with us about the importance of being obedient even when we don't think the rule applies to us or don't know why it is a rule.   She told us that the Lord commands us to do things, and He knows the end from the beginning.   We don't.   All through the Scriptures we see people doing as the Lord Commands and getting blessed for it, even when it doesn't seem to make sense.   Look at Joshua and Jerico.   I don't really know much about millitary stuff, but I am pretty sure the command to march around a wall and then yell at it might have been a little bit of a weird strategy to win the fight.   But because he was obedient, Joshua was able to lead the Children of Isreal under God's command, to victory.   I know that the Lord is in charge and aware of us all.   I know He has a plan for each of us and that if we trust Him all will be well.   

I love you all.

"In a few hours you'll be making nice hot s'moes"
"But its a rock.   I know its a rock!"
"Oh I'm sorry did I scare you?   Well a little bit, but I'll be alright."

No comments:

Post a Comment