Monday, April 28, 2014

"You're braver then you believe, stronger then you seem and smarter then you think" -The Search for Christopher Robin

Hey Mom, just really quick since I forgot to tell you in my personal letter Bryce says hello.

I received word this past week that someone I love and care about is having a hard time as of late.   I hope you know, and you know who you are, that you are strong enough to overcome any trial, brave enough to face any storm that life throws your way and smart enough to turn to Heavenly Father and lean on the arm of His Only Begotten Son and come out of any trial you face.   I love you.

This week was great.   A little slow at first what with there being an annual Wine Walk in town, there was a little struggle getting people to talk to us in a friendly way.   Most of it was just people telling us they weren't interested or that they were busy, or things like that.   It got better as the week went on though and we did have some very good days.   The Lord always provides for those who love and serve Him.   We had 21 lessons this week, a little below our average but everyone has those weeks.   We got to give a lot of service this week and things went really well.   We have been having a few struggles with getting investigators to come to church, but we talked with our investigator Thad and he is coming next week and is finely ready to move forward and progress and he wants to change and it is awesome.

 Yes Elder Dean and I were in that service project stuff.   We cleaned up garbage around a school community with some members of the Dry Creek Ward.   We learned today from Presidents email that Just Serve (which is what we have been beta testing for a while now) is being implemented in 20% of the missions world wide.   It is super cool the emphasis on service.   

Elder Dean and I are doing great.   Our Zone Leader asked all of the Missionaries in the Zone to work on improving companion relationships.   So Elder Dean and I took the council of our leaders and have decided to try to improve an already great friendship.   It will be cool to see what comes next from out Leaders.

"Don't you quit.   You keep walking.   There is happiness and help ahead."   -Geoffrey R. Holland

"Let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power and then may we stand still with the utmost assurance to see the Salvation of God and for his arm to be revealed."   -Joseph Smith

"Sometimes the Lord calms the storm, and sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child."   -Unknown

I know that times can be hard.   I know that life is hard, and things are tough and people are mean and things get said that hurt you.   I know that sometimes it is hard to move forward and have hope.   But I know that if we have hope then we can get through anything.   I know that the Lord is aware of us in all of our heart ache.   I know that Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father care about us and are watching over all of us.   I pray for you in all things.  I know He hears those prayers.   I send you my love and my support and I know he does the same.

"I think all we need now is a plague of Locusts.   AHHH! Thats it, I'm moving to Sparta."
"You heard of the Dream Team?   Well we're the Mean Team.   Yeah, were the Monstars, the M O N.. uhh."
"I didn't know Fa Zu had a son.   He doesn't talk about me much.   I can see why, the boys an absolute lunatic."

I love you.   

No comments:

Post a Comment