Monday, July 21, 2014

"English dude, English" -Transformers "I'm not fat, its this fur, it makes me look... puffy."-Ice Age

Let me tell you something.   They don't speak English!   I don't know what to call it out here, because what ever it is that they are speaking it is not English.   They put the emphasis on the wrong words, and the wrong parts, they switch back and forth between English and Shona, and I just get lost.   It is fun, don't get me wrong, but is hard not knowing more of the language then I currently do.   I wish I could speak Shona fluently, or at least with some level of skill, but I can't and so I will continue on.

Okay so my companion, Elders Jakopo and Brandonburg(from the MTC) and I were at a dinner appointment some few nights ago, and there was no zessa(power) and so we were sitting in the dark waiting for dinner. So after some few minuets the power comes back on and I stood up to look at some few of the different things the family had on the wall.   Well the daughter says to me "you're really tall.   And you are fat."   I mean what the heck?   That is just mean.   I know I am not the smallest guy in the world, but I am not that big.   What is that?   I was deeply hurt, and added on top of that, my companion has been making comments on my size two.   It is getting really irritating.   I mean come on give a guy a break.   

This week we had a Baptism on Saturday.   It was great.   I didn't do the baptism so I didn't have to step into the freezing cold water.   Like everyone who stepped into the water gave off some sound of discomfort.   It was like watching the movie Titanic when they first get immersed in the water.   But the baptisms were great.   We had a combined service with the Elders from the Third Branch, Elder Stimpson(from the MTC) and Elder Mujeni(his son) which is the second time Stimpson and I have shared a baptismal service.   It was great.   I loved it.   So happy for the recent converts.



Man I love having a marondgo in the apartment with me.   Elder Brandonburg and I stayed up last night playing Chess and talking about things like; Halo, Legend of Zelda, Star Wars, and all that kind of stuff.   We stayed up way late, which was not the best idea but it was nice talking about American stuff with another American.   I miss just regular talk when I don't have to explain about the Ocarina of Time and stuff like that.   I love my comp, but it is nice not being the only white guy in the house anymore.      

My companion has been learning how to budget as of late.   As missionaries we only get a certain amount of money for us to use, and he burned through it last time he got it.   We get it once every two weeks, and he burned through it in like five days.   So I have told him to budget his money better, and he has started to learn to.   This go round he has been smarter with his money.   Which is good, cause we aren't supposed to loan money as missionaries.   He is a great guy and we have spent a lot of time talking about stuff we did at home, and people we knew and stuff like that.   

"Love is the measure of our faith, the inspiration for our obedience, and the true altitude of or discipleship.   Love is the way of the disciple"

"Though we are incomplete, God loves us completely.   Though we are imperfect He loves us perfectly.   Though we may feel lost and without compass, God's love encompasses us completely."
-Dieter F Utchdorf

We read in John chapter 3 verse 16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him, might not perish but have everlasting life."   We also read that we ought to love our neighbor as ourselves, and that we need to "love those that hate [us]".   Love is key to the Plan of Salvation, the eternal plan of our Father in Heaven.   IF Jesus Christ hadn't loved us as much as He does, He might have stopped the pain of the Atonement and Crucifixion, IF God hadn't loved us so much He might not have sent His son.   IF They both hadn't of loved us then They might not have shone Themselves to a young boy in a grove of trees in the 1820's.   But They DO love us.   Jesus Christ DID Atone for all of us to be forgiven for our sins, God the Father and Jesus Christ DID show Themselves to Joseph Smith, and called him to be a prophet.   How much love our Father has shown unto us in this life.   We now need to share that love with all those around us.   I pray we can find ways to express Christ like love with all those around us.   Jesus lives and loves us all, God is the Father of our spirits, and He lives and loves us.   

"So you're a real Dracula right, like 'I am Dracula, Blah blah blah."
"What were you going to do walk around and call out here birdy birdy here birdy."
"Wait I want to stay.   Hey if I put my hand in the invisible mans mouth will it disappear?"
"Well anything sounds dumb when you say it like that."

I love you all.   I miss you every day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment