Monday, July 7, 2014

"Well boys, order another round cause [I'm] staying here!]"-A Bugs Life "What ever you do do not eat the [creamsoda sucker] it has turned."-Cars 2

Well now it is a new transfer.   I am staying in Mkoba 2nd ward.   I am excited for that.   I have a new companion.   Elder Mwashusha.   Good luck with trying to pronounce it.   HAHAHAHA.   It is gonna be a great transfer.   My old comp got in zone transferred, which means he is still in my bunch of missionaries so we will see each other on occasion.   

Candy out here is different.   Suckers are okay, but the gum inside it is Jing, and cream soda is not good, not even a little bit. It is like a super horrible cough medicine.   I think cough medicine is better then that stuff was.   YUCK!!!   Safe to say I am gonna be careful what candies I eat.   Man oh man if I wont be.   HAHA... it was fun.

The area is great.   We picked up three new investigators last week.   A Mama named Elizabeth and her son Shane, and a Baba named Magunje.   Super great people super prepared for the Gospel of Jesus Christ.   We also have and investigator named Tatenda who we will be baptizing soon, and will hopefully be able to begin teaching her family so they can all receive of the restored gospel.   I love it, I love the work and I love these people.  

So new companion... Elder Mwashusha... he has been on mission a little over six months, and just got here from outside of Bulawyao... I think.   He seems like a pretty sweet guy and I am looking forward to working with him.   

"We are surrounded by those in need of our attention, our encouragement, our support, our comfort, our kindness.   We are the Lords hands here upon the earth, with the mandate to serve and lift His children.   He is dependent on each of us."-Thomas S. Monson

"[We are] to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to provide for the widow, to dry up the tear of the orphan, to comfort the afflicted, whether in this church, or in any other church, or in no church at all, where ever [we find] them."- Joseph Smith.

"when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God"- Mosiah 2:17

"In as much as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren ye have done it unto me." Matthew 25:40

I love service.   Recently we have been helping to build a house.   I don't know who it is for, but it is a great example of service.   Helping those around us has always been a teaching of the Prophets.   We are told of Enoch and his City of Zion "and the Lord called His people Zion, for they were of one heart and one mind and dwelt in righteousness and there were no poor among them"(Moses 7:14. That might be the wrong reference, don't hate me if it is. )   Enoch taught his people to care for each other, and in this Dispensation the Prophets have again taught of its importance.   I know serving others allows them to feel of the love of God, and that it does the same for us.   I know God wants us to serve those around us and that He cares for each and every one of us.   


"Mr. Fredricson, I found the Snipe.   Oh did you now?"
"Bob it is time to engage!   Don't just stand there I need you to intervene!"
"Hello.   My name is Russel.   Sweat Lodge four troop seven.   Are you in need of any assistance today?   No."
"I mean one more zap with this death ray and I'm vaporizer, what does Barron von Ruthless do?   He starts monolouging!   I mean the guy has me on a platter and he wont shut up."

I love you all.   

No comments:

Post a Comment