Monday, October 6, 2014

"Ignore him"-Cars "Blah, blah, blah"-Hotel Transylvania "It will never brake, it will never, it broke."-Aladdin "I [love] the rain"-Planet 51

Well I have learned this week, that a drunk person is like a two year old having a tantrom.   If you ignore him, he will stop and leave you alone.   Point in case, Prosper.   Your friendly neighborhood drunkard.   He always used to bother me, and then I started to ignore him and now he don't.   It is nice when the drunk guy leaves you alone.
My companion and I have started saying "Blah, blah, blah" like Dracula.   I don't really know why, it is just fun.   I enjoy having an inside joke with my companion.  
Well our bore hole pump broke last week.   Which means it is back to getting water from the city council.   They have been out to fix it, so it should be done by the end of today, but still.   We just seem to be getting Jing stuff out here in Chegutu.   It is alright, since they are getting it fixed, but still, it would be nice if everything just worked right.  
It started raining this week.   It was funny watching people duck in cover, and scramble for the houses.   Me I stood out in it for a little while and just enjoyed it.   If that is a "type of things to come" this rainy season then I am EXCITED for it.  
This has been a pretty good week.   Lots of great lessons, and several people at sacrament meeting.   You know who wasn't at Sacrament meeting?   Our investigator Fortune, who is supposed to be baptized on Saturday.   We haven't been able to see him for a few days now.   He is in some Football League and it has taken much of his time.   I hope we get to meet with him soon, still a little left to teach him for Saturday.   Our other two people we are gonna baptize are ready, and it is going well.   We are getting a marriage done for the Nyumtora family, so the mom can be baptized, the dad needs to come to church a few more times, and for the Kwaramba family so they can go to the Temple.   It will be great.  
Me and Hove are doing great.   The guy seems tired a little as of late, but he is working hard and we are doing great things here in Chegutu.   I am loving this transfer.  
"Hope is the anchor of our souls, hope is trust in God's promises, faith that if we act now, the desired blessings will be fulfilled in the future.   The unfailing source of our hope is that we are sons and daughters of God and that His son, the Lord Jesus Christ, saved us from death."
-President James E Faust
I know that this Church is true, and that this gospel changes lives.   I have a great family that I have gotten to know with my Companion the Shiri's and they have embraced the Gospel.   They love the Book of Mormon and the fact that we have Prophets on the earth again, real prophets, not like the ones we see so often out here in Zimbabwe.   They said they saw the "Love of the Lord" when they first saw us, and I think that it is amazing how our very actions can have such an effect on those around us.  

My momma reminded my today that God knows my name.   Now I would like to testify that He knows your name as well.   He knows, He loves, He cares for all of us.   Not a one of us is too far away to not be under God's watchful eye.   He is there, He has always been there, He will always be there.   He loves us and wants to hear from us.   This much I know to be true. 
"We need a plan of attack.  I have a plan: attack.... these guys are basically gods.  There's only one God ma'am,  and I don't think he dresses like that."
"You see Face, that's a plan, and I love it when a plan comes together."
"How did he turn two of the smartest guys I know into his own personal flying monkeys?   I caught that reference."
"Wow these three D glasses are great it's almost like they're shooting at us.   They are shooting at you Fool!"
Do you know these ones?

I love you all.   

Found an old run down pair of airplanes that used to be a fancy restaurant, so me and my comp got some pictures of it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment