Monday, October 13, 2014

"So uh, was that a yes or a no?"-Halo 3 ODST "It seems [slow]. Its the deep breath before the plunge."-Lord of the Rings "First I actually commit a crime, and then you get to [fine] me for it."-Sinbad

The Wheel of Time turns and ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend.   Legend fades to myth and even myth is long forgotten when the age that gave it birth comes again.   In one age, called the second age by some, an age long past, an age yet to come, a wind arose in [Chegutu] the wind was not the beginning, there are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time, but the wind was a beginning.

Had to throw that in there, since on Thursday, I am a year old on mission.   Weird to think that a year ago, almost I entered the MTC, fresh from the arms of my crying momma, and my smiling daddy.   It is an interesting thought to have.   The first age of my mission has been completed, and now my second age is about to begin.

I know that it isn't a Disney movie quote, but I am running out of ideas and it really sums up how things go out here.   I ask a question, and then they respond in some long string of Shona, and then I ask my companion, "so was that a yes or a no?" and then he tells me how they responded.   It is interesting having a three way conversation every lesson.   It is good, and I am getting bits and pieces of the Shona, when it is within lesson material, but once they leave that, I am lost.   

The weeks leading up to this one have felt slow.   It is my deep breath, before my plunge.   Gonna start down that mountain that I started a year ago.   

I keep running into problems with the police out here.   They will ding you for anything, including apparently, a sticker on your window that someone put tape on since it was falling off.   Really?   It is a sticker!   they don't have anything better to do with their time?  

We had a great week end out here.   Four people baptized, two couples married civilly, and all of it went pretty well.   trying to get things organized for getting people to Kadoma, that was a different story, but it got taken care of and so all's well that ends well.   Worth every moment of wanting to bash my head into a wall.  


We did have the wedding, and since this is the first weddings and baptisms in Chegutu they are gonna try to get it into the South East Africa part of the Liahona.   Which would be super cool. 


My companion and I are doing well, though we are being swarmed by bugs every night.   Things are great here, and we are working in unity and all that good stuff.   Not much to say about him this week, nothing has gone on really.

"You are never far from the sight of your loving Heavenly Father."
-Boyde K Packer President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

"Preach the Gospel at all times.   When necessary, use words."
-Dieter F Utchdorf 2nd Councilor in the First Presidency

"we Pray with confidence that we can feel the Saviors love for us. He loved us enough to pay the price of our sins."
-Henry B Eyring 1st Councilor in the First Presidency

I have met a lot of people this week who flat out reject what I have tried to offer them.   From Jehovah Witnesses who refuse to listed to us as we try to answer their questions, to a guy who says we are supposed to pray to Heavenly Father, and Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost, even though when asked he admitted that you can't find it in the Bible. So many people try to make us not believe what we believe.   So many people fight against the truthfulness of this Gospel.   It makes me sad, but that is how it is.   

I know without a doubt that this message I am sharing with others is true.   I know that God lives and so does His Son, Jesus Christ.   I know that this Church is true.   I know that we have a living Prophet on the Earth in Thomas S Monson, and in the words of my Zone Leader Elder Mayall, you could put a gun to my head, and I wouldn't deny that this is true.   But he says it in an English accent, since he is from Manchester.   

"its not a dress its a kilt! Ya Sick-o."
"Giant? I prefer big boned, or jolly.   Now who are we hiding from?"
"I'm speaking in rhyme! Max! Fetch my sedative!"
"Da! Quick to the SLOW!"

love ya

No comments:

Post a Comment