Monday, October 20, 2014

"Look you're already Half Way."-Shrek "Look at me I'm [one year] old."-Madagascar "Same [Apostle] Twice.-Mummy 3 "Well this sucks"-Madagascar

Well now, it is official.   I am on the down ward slide.   I am over the Hump.   I am any number of other phrases that I can't think of that mean I am half way done with my mission.   It is a weird feeling to be half way done.   It really is.   Only so long left and then I am done, not enough time to do half of the things I want/need to do.   Weird.
We got to be visited as a mission by Quinten L Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles this week.   It was great to see him for a second time.   For those who don't know I got to see him in California San Jose before I cam here to Africa.   It was really super cool seeing him twice.   The power those men carry, the Spirit that attends them, the strength that they have is incredible.   He encouraged us and blessed us and much of what he said felt as if he were speaking only to me.   It was a wonderful experience.  
Not so wonderful is the problems that our house is having with water.   Oh don't worry the pump is fixed, now it is the pipes, and the pressure tank that have huge leaks.   So yea, we are able to get water now, it is just a huge ordeal to do it.   It really really sucks.  
Our area is great.   We are hoping on having some more baptisms on Saturday, and a family fun day activity as well.   It will be a busy day for us.   Lots of things are going right, and lots of things are not going right.   Guess you have to have both to really know the difference.   It is going good, there are just a few pot holes along the way.  

My companion's brother is getting married in December.   He is all excited for it.   While we were in Harare to see Elder Cook he was like ten minuets from home.   We stayed the night at the Highlands Chapel/Mission Transfer House which is his chapel.   It was a fun experience.  
"Let us go forth with a song in our hearts and a smile on our faces and build up the kingdom."
-Gordan B Hinckley 15th President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
"if our lives are centered around our Faith in Jesus Christ nothing bad can last."
-Howard W Hunter 14th President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
All I have to say today is that this Church is true.   I have shaken the hand of an Apostle of God and I can say without a single doubt that he is an Apostle.   The Church is the only true and living Church on Earth.   Thomas S Monson is the only true and living Prophet.  
"What I bought them, most of them"
"Nefu I'm afraid I've been thinking.   A dangerous pass time.  I know."
"Is this you?   Now they're just being mean."
"Where have you taken us Phillip?"

No comments:

Post a Comment