Tuesday, November 4, 2014

"And I just can't wait until next Halloween"-Nightmare before Christmas "Speak up [Machakaire]"-Tangled "Pins and Needles"-Despicable Me 2 "I could have made road pizza out of you."-Hoodwinked

I just got to say it, I MISS HALLOWEEN!   I really do.   The pumpkins, the candy, the costumes, the candy, the decorations, the candy, the haunted houses, the candy, the movies, did I forget anything else?   Oh yea the candy.   I miss it all so much, and next year is gonna be a great Halloween.   I'm gonna go all out.
My goodness, but the people out here are so soft spoken.   Like even in the car without music on it is super hard to hear from Elder Machakaire, or even when I am right next to him.   I keep telling him to speak up for me, but he is still so quiet.  
We sit on the ground a lot as we teach, and my legs begin to fall asleep, every time it happens I think of Despicable Me 2 when Gru falls out of the back of the car.   Pins and needles.   What is worse though is I got a head ache this past week that felt like I had pins and needles in my brain.   Don't get sick on mission, nothing is worse then a sick day on mission.   I can tell you that of a truth.  
Driving out here is interesting.   Unless you honk at people or flash them with your brights they don't get out of the way.   They don't watch where they are going.   The other night a biker was biking along right into our head lights, I was answering a question by someone in the back seat and my companion yelled, and so I down shifted, hit the breaks and only narrowly missed killing some guy who apparently thought the lights of my car were the tunnel to heaven.
This week we had a bit of a rough one, since we had a very limited amount of time in the area.   Got sick on Tuesday, got worse on Wednesday, Still sick on Thursday, got better on Friday. (I feel like Solomon Grundy from Batman)   And we traveled to Gweru on Thursday night for a Zone Conference, so yea, few lessons, and few people at church.   But it is okay, since we are in a new week.  
There is no time change out here.   Interesting for me, since I am used to it.   I am proud of you for getting to Church on time.   Our Sunday was good, I got to ordain our Recent Convert Brother Nyumtora to the Aaronic Priesthood.   That was a great experience for me.   I love being out here.   There are many children in our group, but no Primary.   

My companion is doing well, but the guy can't stay awake when we get home to save his life.   He is so a young missionary, since most every young missionary seems to struggle staying awake at night, including myself when I was that young on mission.   It might be different for sisters, but Elders die at the 6-8 month mark for staying awake past the close of the day.  
"People don't care how much we know until they know how much we care."
-Elder Mapugwa, my DL
"Now be strong, live the gospel faithfully even if those around you don't live it at all. Defend your faith with courage and courtesy but defend it."
-Elder Geoffrey R Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
"All men have fears, but those who face them with faith have courage as well."
-Thomas S Monson President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
I love being able to tell people that I care about them, but I love more being able to show it.   Some times all that takes is an ear that will listen to what they have to say.   You could be the smartest guy in the world, but people don't know you care for them, they wont care.   One of the best things about missionary work is showing through action, that we care for the people around us.   Our love for others is a reflection of our love for God.

I know that God loves us, each and every one of us, His children.   He loved us enough to give us His Holy Son.   He loved us enough to give us this world to live in.   He loves us enough to forgive us of our sins, and to welcome us back home as we do all He would ask us to do.   He loves everyone who ever has, will or is living on the Earth.   There is a strange concept taught out here that God doesn't love us when we sin, but I testify that he loves us even when we sin.   I know he is there, and I know he loves us.  
"I though he'd never leave. Well that's what you get for sleeping with your mouth open."
"it was a run by fruiting!"
"I thought I was the cute one. No you're the fat stupid one with the big mouth! What are ya saying exactly?"
"No, I don't need a hand, I need a face."
I love you all.   
      

No comments:

Post a Comment