Monday, November 24, 2014

"We all gonna die, but we don't know the date, we know your date! THANKSGIVING!"-Barnyard "I miss when [I had good internet access]"-Shrek forever after "This is too hot, the [rain] was too cold. Will nothing please you?"-Iceage 2 "Don't stand that close to me I can smell your breath"-Kung Fo Panda

Man can you believe that it is Thanksgiving time again?   The last time Thanksgiving was here, I was brand new on mission, and I was going to the Bishop's house for Turkey and to trounce him at chess.   Ya, bishop loved chess, and It was a good match, but he got killed.   Man I so wish we had thanksgiving out here, and I wish I had something to cook for it, but I don't so I wont.   
The computers out here are really crappy.   The last several weeks we have had like no internet access, which means no email to President Cook, and almost nothing getting home.   I am sorry to those who I didn't get to last week.   I will hopefully not have such an issue from here on out, this internet cafe seems to be pretty good.   
Man it is really funny how much people complain over the weather.   When it is hot they say it is to hot, when it is finely cold, and I mean beautifully cold, they say it is too cold.   It is like what do you want?   Perfect weather?   Doubt that you'll ever find that.   When it rained last week it was so cold that it was like I was back home.   Man send me tracting in that weather and I will knock every door in Chegutu.   Oh well....
I have one huge problem with drunk people that is still occurring.   They stand right up close to me and just start to talk and breath their alcohol breath into my face and I feel like I'm gonna throw up all over them.   Does that make them leave me alone?   Nope, so I step back and they step closer.   I am really getting tired of that.   Feel like I need a gas mask.  Are you my mummy?   
This week has been good.   Lots of new investigators, and many people who are letting us teach them.   That is nice.   We have three baptisms on Saturday and a marriage, which means we are getting a good groove.   Lets not throw it off.   We have so many people out here, especially among our recent converts who love us.   They know that transfers are gonna come at some point and they are worried about people leaving.   Can't seem to help them know that we dont' get to stay too long as missionaries.   I love the people out here.   




My companion is a great guy.   But he can't sing on tune.   He, like me, will walk around and sing as we are doing things, mostly at home or in the car, but he is just off tune.  It is like the cow Grace in Home on the Range, loves to sing, but just can't hit the notes.   It is fun, but man, it is interesting.   I love him, super hard worker, and all that good stuff.   
"May we realize how close He is willing to come, how far He is willing to go to help us, and how much He loves us."
-Thomas S Monson 16th President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
"We are not obedient because we are blind, we are obedient because we can see."
-Boyde K Packer President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
Nothing to me is cooler then seeing the recent convert Aaronic Priesthood holders passing the blessing the sacrament.   I love seeing them using the authority that they have received.   I love seeing the families who are accepting, and applying the gospel of Jesus Christ.   They have truly found "The Pear of Great Price" and have shown that they are willing to forsake all that they have if it was necessary to be able to posses it.   
I know that we have the pearl of great price.   We have what they need, what everyone needs.   I know that this church is true.   So many people try to argue with us and refute us and tell us we are wrong.   When it comes down to it, I have prayed and sought Heaven's answer as to wither this message is true or if it is not.   I would not be out here if there was any doubt in my mind as to wither it is true or not.   I know this Church is true, and all that that implies.   
"You know how dogs are, they go where ever they want to go. Unless they're dead"
"Listen little donkey take a look at me what am I?   Uhh, really tall?"
"Oh, I got the shrink ray.   No I'm not playing with it."
 Me and the children of a soon to be recent convert.   
"I can talk I'd love to talk, I'm the talkinest dang thing you ever saw."

Love ya

No comments:

Post a Comment