Monday, January 5, 2015

"Like my [momma]"-Wreck it Ralph "I don't have it."-Pirates of the Caribbean "It means [he's sick!]"-Incredibles "Turn [off] your [brights]"-Cars

I have a friend and fellow missionary out here named Elder Machakaire who is much like my momma.   Let me explain, my mother hates going to work.   She seems to enjoy her work once she gets there, but going she hates.   Much the same with this Elder, he hates going places to do things, but once we get there he has fun.   It can be a little irritating when he complains in the car the whole way there.   But oh well, such is life.
There isn't much worse then being caught between "a rock and a hard place".   Well it happened this week.   My companion was sick for a long time, almost a week, so we decide to take him to the doctor, well, I say decide, but we were told to do so.   So we get there and start to figure out what is up, and they start to tell us the different amounts of how much it will cost.   I had also been told I needed to use my allotment to pay rent for the groups church place, and well long story short the costs were the exact same.   I didn't have the money to pay both.   So after some consideration I paid for my companion to get his medicine stuff, and left it to the mission office to figure out the rest.   He is doing much better now, and the rent has been paid, it is just difficult when these kind of things happen.   

People out here never turn off their brights.   They drive with high beams on and just blind me.   If I was in my truck it wouldn't be such a problem.   But their lights are right at my eye level.   But they get irritated at me when I flash mine to get them to turn theirs off.   The joys of driving in Zim.
The area is doing good, but I have been demoted.   In testimony meeting I was being called Brother Melot, all the other missionaries were being called Elder.   I looked at President Sibesha, a returned missionary, and I took my tag off and he almost laughed in the middle of the meeting.   For those who don't know when a missionary is released they have to remove their tag, hence I took mine off for a moment.   Things are going well out here, and we are hopefully gonna baptize a few people this week.   We will see how it all comes together.   We have some people on the fringe of becoming investigators and progressing, so keep your fingers crossed.   
"If you have a testimony, share it!"
"if you haven't red the Book of Mormon, read it!"
-President Thomas S. Monson
"We believe those three divine persons constituting a single Godhead are united in purpose, in manner, in testimony, in mission... I think it is accurate to say we believe they are one in every significant and eternal aspect imaginable except believing them to be three persons combined in one substance, a Trinitarian notion never set forth in the scriptures because it is not true."
-Jeffrey R Holland
I know I am late by a week, but I have a challenge for everyone who reads this email, for the new year.   READ THE BOOK OF MORMON.   That is my challenge.   Some of you reading might think "I have read it" or "I don't need to read it" or "but I have my Bible" or anything along those lines.   Read it.   I know it is true with every fiber of my soul.   In the words of my great friend and Zone Leader, "you could put a gun to my head and tell me to deny it, and I would say shoot me."   There is no book on the earth that is quiet like the Book of Mormon.   I love the Bible and know it to be true, just as I know the Book of Mormon to be true.   IF you want to know God better, IF you want to know our Savior better, IF you want to understand just what They have done for us, read it.   Then PONDER the message that it contains, then PRAY and ASK God if it is true.   I have met people out here, taught people out here, baptized people out here, who's whole understanding of God was changed because they did so.   I have seen the influence that this book can have on a persons life.   IF they will JUST READ IT.   I know it is true, and that it teaches the truth about the Godhead.   You can and must, find out for yourself.
"Hey, when I'm king what will that make you? A monkey's uncle"
"I got a jar of dirt, I got a jar of dirt, and guess whats inside it! Hard to starboard."
"So whats so cool about the watering hole? I'll show you when we get there."
"Impersonating a clergy of the Church of England"
I love you all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment