Monday, January 26, 2015

"[Weatherman] you have let me down."-Lorax "I have no idea"-Vegitales "Will you stop that?!"-How to Train your Dragon

Man, for almost a month, we have been told "it should start to rain soon" or "continuous rain should be here in a day" or other thing along those lines, always being told that the weatherman said so.   Well he was wrong, every time!   It is 32 degrees out here, in our world in the states, that is high 80's.   I am gonna have a fit.   Rainy season was supposed to start last month.   I am still waiting for it.

There is a very difficult thing about being out here as the first missionaries, people come to us and tell us about struggles they are having, and they ask us what we think they should do.   Number one we aren't supposed to council people, number two, I have no idea what to tell them even if I could.   We'll have a women old enough to be my mother tell us what is happening in her life, and then she looks at us like "Now man of God, what can you tell me to fix this" and it is painful to tell them "I got nothing" because they are so disappointed, but it has to happen.

I love going to Zone conferences and such with President Cook.   He always teaches us a lot of good things.   Then he will ask us questions about things, and he always looks at me and shakes his head when I raise my hand to answer.   He has ordered me in the past to put my hands in my pockets and leave them there.  He always expresses thanks for my willingness to answer, but he always lats me know to stop answering.   

We are officially a Branch of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.   We were organized yesterday, and it was great.   Our Branch President is Blessing Sibesha, a long time member, his first councilor is Nelson Sikala, a recent convert, and his clerk is Lazarus Nyumtora another recent convert.   Our Elders Quorum President is Collen Kwaramba, who is another long time member.   I am so happy about it, things are just happening out here, we are in the Land of Milk and Honey.   I can't wait to see what happens as the year continues.   

My companion and I may be saying good-bye soon, we are coming to the end of the transfer, and I have been here for six months.   I don't know that I will go, but it is very possible.   We will see.

"As we consider various choices, we should remember that it is not enough that something is good.   Others choices are better and still others are best."
-Dallin H Oaks

"Don't yield to Satan's lie that you don't have time to study the scriptures. Choose to take time to study them. Feasting on the word of God each day is more important then sleep, school, work, television shows, video games or social media.   You may need to reorganize your priorities to provide time for the study of the word of God. If so, do it!"
-Richard G Scot

I have to be honest, back home I was really bad about studying the scriptures.   Since I have been out on mission, I have truly learned their value.   I have come to love the scriptures like never before, I have come to know them like never before.   I always smile when someone tries to disprove one of the things we teach with a scripture from the Bible, because I often know better then them what the verse is talking about.   I have a certain testimony, that both the Bible and the Book of Mormon are God's words as given to Prophets.   I also know the Doctrine and Covenants and the Pearl of Great Price are inspired works of scripture.
You need to read these books, they will draw you closer to God.

"Well I know Skip, is the only nut case who thinks that the government is hiding all alien artifacts in Base 9. And you feed candy to your puppy so it'll poop jelly beans."
"Do you know what that means? You had no friends in High School? It means on a planet full of nerds, I'm their king."
"Brains are for breakfast. Organs and eye balls are for dinner."
"What are you gonna do to him? We can't tell you, it would give you nightmares."

I love you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment