Tuesday, February 3, 2015

"it's a [girl]"-Lady and the Tramp "Once ya hit the age where your warrante expires, you start to fall apart."-Robots "Where are you going? Back to [Gweru]? Nope, already been there."-Back to the Future "Who's the bigger fool, the fool, or the fool who follows him?-Star Wars

Well, a member of the Chegutu Branch had a baby last week.   A girl, that is 8 pounds and some 1 1/2 feet.   And the mom was home that same day!   What in the world?   That is crazy.   Well needless to say, mother and baby are doing well, and so is the entire family.   

I must have hit that age, cause things are starting to fall apart.   Shower Shoes, Belt, Shoes, Bag.   I can tell I have been on mission for nearly 16 months.   Not to worry mom, the shoes and bag are holding up pretty good, I can glue the shower shoes, but I would appreciate a new belt in the next package.   

I have been transferred again.   After 24 weeks in Chegutu I have been sent out.   I am now in a place called Sakubva in the Mutare Zone.   I am a District Leader, which means I get to serve the six missionaries in my District.   I have only been here for a day, and so I don't know too much about the area or the people, but my new companion seems great, and so do our house mates.   

This wonderful question was asked by Obi-wan Kenobi, and sums up how I feel about being a District Leader, since I have never been one before, it will be a new experience for me.   We will see how it goes. 

My new companion is Elder Mtetwa, and he is very new to mission.   I am his breaker which means I am his first companion after being trained.   He is the second of three children, and is the first to go on a mission, though his other siblings are both members as well.   He will probably only be with me for one transfer, since President Cook wont leave a person in one area longer then four transfers, and this is his fourth here.   

"Salvation is a personal matter, exaltation is a family matter." 
Russell M Nelson

"The ultimate end of all activity in the Church is that a man and his wife and their children can be happy at home"
Boyde K Packer

"In these last days it is critical-even essential-that parents and children listen to and learn from one another."
M Russell Ballard

I know that we are supposed to love one another.   I was very pained to have to leave Chegutu, and it will always hold a special place in my heart.   But I also know that God sends us where He wants us to be, to bless His children.   I know He is aware of all of us and that He wants us to be happy, individually and as a family.   

"No, I know your name, is your name Matter too?"
"I said dart gun not, oh my. Oh, cause I was wondering, under what situation would we ever use this?
"In your dreams thunder.. you know cause thunder always comes after lightning."
"Are these beds made of bombs? Yes, but they are very old and highly unlikely to explode, but try not to toss and turn."

Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment