Monday, May 11, 2015

"I could have died"-Monsters Inc "I can't believe [it was my last call home]"-Brother Bear "Heart [problems]"-Men in Black Two

Well, so in our area there is a member of the Church that we go and
chop wood for, cause he can't walk well, and so we do it to show our
love for him and to be of service to him.   So this week we were there
helping and chopping wood, and admit ably the axe wasn't the best.   So
anyway, my companion was chopping the wood at the time and I moved to
one side and shortly thereafter the axe head flew off the handle as he
was swinging it at the wood and well the axe head flew and went right
where I was standing a few moments before.   Yea, it was pretty
freaky, cause I could have been a dead man if I hadn't moved.   So we
stopped chopping wood and let the brother know and he said he would
get it fixed.   It was interesting.

So as missionaries we call home twice a year, Mother's Day and
Christmas (my dad wishes that we called on Father's Day).   So
yesterday was my final call home for my mission, which is crazy.   But
yea, mission has flown and now no more calls home for me before I am
in the airport to see my family.   I loved the call home, and it has
shown how much I have grown since I began.   First Christmas, I bawled
like a baby, first Mother's day, I cried pretty good, second Christmas
I only cried a little bit, and this last one I didn't cry.   So I am
growing up, a little at a time.   I still miss you dearly, but I am being
strong.

So my companion Elder Mandiquesse has been having some heart problems
as of late.   A weird and irregular pump, and it has been causing him
some sleeping problems, but after some tests the Doctors don't know
what is wrong, so they want him to take it easy and to limit his
physical activity.   So yea, don't know what is gonna happen with
that, Sister Cook and President Cook are gonna figure out if he is
staying or what will have to happen for him.   So yea, that is how he
is.

We are gonna have a baptism this Saturday.   I am excited for it.   A
great young man named Anyway, and only him, cause the others didn't
come to church.   But we are working on that with them too.   The area
is doing pretty well, and we are working really hard to get things to
happen.   Working on our less actives and helping the recent converts
to continue in faith.   I am loving it out here in Sakubva.   The
branch is doing well, and they are working on getting people ready for
the Temple.   Hopefully we will get some people there.

"All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother."
-Abraham Lincoln
"To one who holds the sweetest name, and adds lust to the same, long
life to her, for there's no other, who takes the place of my dear
Mother."
-Unknown

I just want to say that I love my mother, and I am so grateful to my
Heavenly Father for putting me in my family.   I know that it isn't an
accident that we are put with who we are put with, or where we are
put.   I know that He has a plan for us.   One of our investigators
was having a hard time when she didn't get accepted for a College out
here, and we were able to talk with her about how God has a plan for
her life and that He has things He wants her to do, and now she is
confident that she can trust His plan and His time, and I pray that we
all gain the same perspective.   And I pray that we all showed our
love for our mothers and thanked God for them.

"I've lost the bleeps, the sweeps and the creeps.   The what, the what
and the what?"
"Like that young fellow out there named Vector, he just stole a pyramid."
"I am your father's, brother's, cousin's best friend's former
roommate. So what's that make us? Absolutely nothing!"

I love you all so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment