Thursday, May 28, 2015

"Where did the time go girl"-Hotel Transylvania "[They think] it's freezing."-Mulan "Where [I am] we don't [have] roads"-Back to the Future 1 "Can you believe it?"-Space Jam

Man oh man, Mikayla, Little baby girl, you are turning 7 on Wednesday!   I can't believe that you are that old already.   I hope that your day is great, and that you eat a big piece of cake for me.   I can't believe that time has already gone by that fast.   Where did it all go?   I don't know.   Happy Birthday Princess.   I love you.   I hope you enjoy yourself, and that School is great.   I hope that you are growing, but not too much.   I miss you Mikayla, I can't wait to get you that Ice-cream when I get home.  
Okay, so winter is coming a little bit at a time. but the people out here dress like they are expecting a blizzard, and not like the ones that you get from DQ.   I saw one little kid the other day bundled up like he was gonna walk through ten foot deep piles of snow on his way to school.   Even my companion and the other elders in the house are wearing jerseys all the time but I am still not.   How ever, I will admit that it has cooled off enough to not have to have a fan on at night to keep me cool.   That is nice.   That is real nice.





Okay, so with my companions heart stuff we have been driving a lot more as we go to the area.   So I just want to say that the roads out here suck really bad.   Like they aren't even roads some of the time it seems, they are just areas that are a little less full of rocks and pot holes.   It is really irritating.   I miss good roads that are properly paved.   Just saying.   That would be nice.
So there are two things this week that I can't believe.   Number one, on Thursday, I will have been here in Zimbabwe for a year in total.   And that is crazy.   And number two.   On Wednesday I start the D&C Challenge.   Which is a things missionaries do, that means that at 138 days left on mission they start to read a book of scripture called the Doctrine and Covenatns starting from Section 138 and they read one section a day everyday, going backwards until they finish the first section on their last day of mission.   So to put it simply,   I only have as of right now 140 days left on mission, and I am so gonna do the challenge.   Lots of missionaries start it and then stop, but I am gonna do it.   It is gonna be awesome.
So the area is doing really good right now.   Our most recent convert got the Aaronic Priesthood this past Sunday, and we are gonna have two more Baptisms this coming Saturday and that will be great.   I love it, I love it, I love it!   Things are great.   I love this work, and I love seeing people change their lives to follow the gospel.   I just love it.
My comp is doing great.   I think that we will get separated soon, in the next two weeks I would say, but we have had some good times together, and it will be great to see what else lies in store for the transfer.   
"I'm no saint, unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying."
-Nelson Mandela
"When a man hath repented of his sins, the same is forgiven and I the Lord remember them no more."
-D&C I can't remember the section right now.
I love this quote from conference, it quotes a wonderful man, the first democratically elected president of South Africa and it embodies what the gospel is all about.   The Bible says that "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God" but we all know that Christ came to overcome all of that.   Through the power of the Atonement we can be forgiven as if they never happened, and the Lord will "remember them no more".   In other words, a clean slate.   How awesome is that?   I know that the Lords promise is real, and that He is willing and desiring to forgive us of our mistakes.   I know He loves us and that as we all keep trying we can become saints.
"Your totem is love! The bear of love? Who wants to trade? There is no trading!"
"What's happening? Shall I describe it for you, or shall I find you a box?"
"Yea, were not moose either aye, yea I'm a wolverine, look at these bicuspids."
"No one tosses a dwarf!... Toss me, don't make me think about it just toss me, but don't tell the elf. Not a word."
I love you all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment