Monday, March 16, 2015

"Hello [Elliot] It's [Melot]"-Open Season "Tone Deaf"-Emperors New Groove "I'm staying [says the] old man"-Hotel Transylvania

Man people out here just can't get my name down.   I mean I have heard some pretty weird attempts at my name.   Melton, Melot(pronouncing the t) Elliot was the funniest one, Menlow and lots of others, all from the adults.   The kids actually get it down pretty good.   But the adults, they always just butcher it.   It is a little funny, but no matter how many times I tell them how to say it, they never get it down.   

I think my companion is tone deaf.   Like we will be at home and he will be listening to music and trying to sing along and it is just so bad.   I mean, maybe he is trying to sound like a stuck pig, but I don't think so.   I just don't get how he can be so off note on songs that he says he loves.   It can be a little irritating, but I am learning to live with it.   Slowly.

Well, six more weeks of Mutare, at least.   I remember back when I was a kid, and on Ground Hog's day you would hear that it would be six more weeks of winter, and it sounded like it would be really long, but then you get on mission and the last six weeks feel like they were here and gone all in the same day.   Crazy.   So anyway, gonna be here in Mutare, covering all of Sakubva Branch, last transfer it was only half that we were covering, and so now it is all of it.   Which means we are kind of white washing, since we only know our area, and now need to learn the other area as well.   It will be a good experience, and hopefully some good will come out of it.

The area is doing good, and we had three investigators at church and two new investigators.   We are going through a list of Potential Investigators that was started back when I was first here, and got lost trying to find places, and it is actually giving us some success.   Which is nice, cause we need success.   We are working on reactivating members who have stopped coming to church for one reason or another, and it is starting to work, a little at a time.   We are trying to help prepare people to go to the Temple and that is working pretty good, just have to get the ball to roll more and more.   

Me and Mandiquesse are both staying here in Mutare, gonna be together for another six.   That should be good, just have to keep working and get things done.   

"No one has learned the meaning of living until he has surrendered his ego to the service of his fellowmen."
-Thomas S Monson
"At times the wisdom of God appears as being foolish or just too difficult, but one of the greatest and most valuable lessons we can learn in Mortality is that when God speaks and man obeys, that man will always be right."
-Thomas S Monson

Too often in life, especially I have seen, in the mission field, people begin to think that they are smarter then God.   They think they can do things their own way and that it is the better way, even when it is not God's way.   I don't fully understand how people get caught in that trap, but they do.   I feel it is sad, when good people start to decide not to listen to "He who knows all things"(2 Nephi 2:24) and do things their own way.   I know for myself that there is no other way that makes any sense then God's way.   I know that God will always be right, and if we will follow Him, then we can be too.   I know He will guide us as we are willing to be led.   I know He loves us.

"First new monster in years, and we can't get like a wolf man? Just somebody to play cards with."
"Why is your dog wearing glasses? Cause his insurance wont pay for contacts."
"I may not have a brain gentlemen, but I have an idea."
"Whats your favorite sport? Well, is inventing a sport? Cause I think I hit a home-run with this one."

I love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment