Tuesday, March 24, 2015

"Scream and Run."-Cat in the Hat "Dusty"-Finding Nemo "Happy Birthday."-Phineaus and Ferb "I love that guy"-Barnyard



I had a great laugh this week, but you might hate me for it.   The children out here they always react differently to me.   Some can't wait to run up and see me and others can't wait to get away from me.   So we went to the house of a potential investigator(someone that wants us to share the Gospel) and there was this little girl in the gate we were gonna walk through so I tapped her on the head and smiled at her, and she looked at me for almost ten seconds, then screamed and ran to her mom, the person we were going to teach, who started to laugh, and then told us she was busy and we had to reschedule for another time.   It can be interesting.   



Let me put it this way, we walk all day long in the area, it is getting windy, which helps to keep us cool on hot days, but with no rain for months there is a lot of dust that gets kicked up into the air by wind and cars driving way to fast.   So yeah, just lots of dust in our faces.   

This week on Friday, is the birthday of my dearest Mother and my beloved sister in law Rylee.   This Friday, the 27th of March, people I am putting it out here, my mom doesn't like birthdays but I am not there to do anything for her so I am counting on someone else to help me this year.   I can't send a package with a cake mix in it, would be bad by time it got there.   I just want to say that I love you both, and I miss you much, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Well this week we had a surprise.   Elder Lane, my old Zone Leader from Gweru came to visit us, but his mission had ended, so what does that mean?   His parents came to pick him up and they are staying her in Zim till the 27th, they are going to visit all his old areas, and they are going to Vic Falls and it sounds like it will be fun.   I loved seeing him, it really made my day.   

The area is now really big.   We have been working with our Branch Mission Leader and we are trying to learn it as best we can, but it is a little difficult.   We are pushing as missionaries to get people prepared for the temple, and then to have them go there.   I love helping people understand about the importance of the Temple and all that goes with it.   We have been trying to find people who invited us to share more about the gospel with them, but a lot of the information is not good.   But that is just how it is.   

My companion is doing alright.   Been trying to get to know him more, he wants to be an IT guy, and he is super good with computers.   He is actually learning the area really fast, so that is nice.   He is a bit of a quiet guy when he wants to be, and he listens to really annoying music, but that is just how it is.   

"Missionaries who learn to faithfully obey are blessed with power.  President Ezra Taft Benson emphasized the difference between reluctant obedience and willing obedience.  When obedience ceases to be an irritant and becomes our quest, in that moment God will endow us with power."
-Jeffrey R Holland

This really means a lot to me as a missionary and as a person.   Some people think that we ought not to obey, or they obey because they are forced, but I have seen that when our quest is to be obedient to every word of God, not cause we are forced, not because we have to but because we want to, then we can become powerful instruments in God's hands.   I know He doesn't just give commandments for no reason, but to help us become better.   I have seen blessings and miracles come from obeying Him.

"I want you to know that even though you tried to terminate me, revenge is not an idea we promote on my planet."
"Try not to look like a country bug, blend, blend in."
"Hey Woody's driving RC, and Buzz is with him!"
"Here you go slick, enjoy.  Thanks, Hey I said no salt!"

Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment