Monday, March 2, 2015

"Great, first the car"-Incredibles "[Mission tour] it's gonna be big" "watch where you're going ya numb skull! Hey I''m walking here!"-Hercules



I am driving an very crappy car.   It was last serviced in 2013.   That is interesting.   The clutch is bad enough I can start from a dead stop in third, at least(the last guy did it from 5th) the breaks are bad, the electricity isn't connected properly, and this all adds up to I have to get it the dang thing serviced.   Once it gets serviced it should be a pretty good car, but dang man it is rough right now.  I almost wish they hadn't given me the car, but there is nothing I can do about that.   

We are having a mission tour tomorrow.   Meaning that Elder Hamilton a member of the Quorum of the Seventy will be visiting and training us tomorrow to help us be better missionaries.  I am excited for that.   So we are leaving Mutare today to go to Harare, and have our mission tour with five other zones.   That will be huge, like really huge.   I can't wait to see what we are gonna be taught and all the people that I know that we will get to see.

I just looked out the window and it raining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    I am excited for that.

I got to say I often feel like both of the people in this part of the movie Hercules.   Phil almost gets run over, cause he isn't watching where he is going but he gets mad at the driver.   People out here just don't seem to understand the concept of "Look both ways BEFORE you cross the street".   They just step out there and then you have to try not to kill them.   Then there are the times when you have looked both ways, and start to cross and some Dofo decides to be a Dofo and almost kills you.   Just another day in paradise.   

We are doing well out here in Sakubva.   We had an investigator come to church, which is nice since she is getting baptized next week.   It has taken a lot to get someone to that point, but it is worth the wait and the work.   I am enjoying it out here in Sakubva, every area has it's good points. I am just trying to work hard, and help my companion in all that I can.  That is just how it is.   Lots of people have a bad view of the Church out here, and so we are trying to help get ride of that by doing service and table contacting and all that good things a missionary does.

My companion, Elder Mandiquesse, is a pretty good guy.  He is hard working, and he loves the work.   Most of his family is less active, and so that makes being on mission an interesting experience.   He can be quiet and kind of secluded at times, but he is a good guy.  


Fetch, I forgot my quote book.   Umm, give me a minuet.   

"I will go and do that which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of me, save he shall prepare a way that they may accomplish that which he hath commanded them"
-1 Nephi 3:7

Lots of people here in Mutare, the missionaries especially, have this bad opinion of the work out here.   I was talking to a good friend of mine who served out here in Mutare and has gone home already, and she mentioned how it is all just a mentality thing.   The Lord will never command us to do the impossible, for what is impossible with the Lord?   I know that as we "put [our] shoulder to the wheel [and] push along" then the Lord will push with us and then we can do all the things that He would have us do.   I love this work, and I love the Lord, and the area and all of it.   I pray that we may all trust the Lord and respond to his call just like the great prophet Nephi did.

"It was pitch, I felt it in me belly.   I'm supposed to postpone Easter cause you're having indigestion?"
"Isn't there someone else you can annoy?   Family, Friends?  Poisonous reptiles?"
"I'm all laughter and fun time, and you're all hard work and dead lines, no offense.   Yeah, what part of that was supposed to not be offensive?"
"Alright if you can cross that sink whole in front of ya, you get the sloth... so you were bluffing?   Yea, that was a bluff."

Love you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment