Monday, July 13, 2015

"Would you relax?! It's just a [dog]"-Rio "Do I look stupid to you?"-Bugs life "So how are [you] related again?"-Emperors New Groove

Okay, so out here there are several stray and wild dogs that walk around without any problems right.   Well, these dogs are as far as I can tell, truly harmless and they are more afraid of us then we are of them, well other then my companion that is.   He is terrified of the dogs out here.   When ever one walks past he starts to say "comp it's a dog" over and over again.   I am trying to get him over it, but it is kind of funny.   Anyway, no cause to fear dogs so far as I can tell.   Well, at least the stray ones, the ones inside the gates that go crazy at night as you walk past the gate, those ones I can understand being afraid of.   I remember back in Gweru there was a time we were doing a service project and the Sisters walked up to this gate and like five German Shepherds jumped up and started barking, well safe to say the sisters hurried out of there.  
Okay, so funny experience this past week.   We were going around tracting, and so we contacted some people outside of a house who said they were in a hurry but we could talk to the other people inside.   So we go and knock on the door and a little kid comes out.   We send him to call the people inside, and so he goes and we hear them quietly scold him and he rushes out.   Then a young man comes out and my companion says "what did they tell you to say" and he said "they said they are bathing."   Well as we walked past I had noticed that the room they were in was the living room, with the TV.   So I said "in the TV room?" and the kid really quick ducks back inside and slams the door.   So we walked away and as we went past their window said we hoped they enjoyed their bath.   People have really bad excuses for when they are busy, or they thing we are stupid.  
I love the focus on family out here in Zim.   But it is hard to tell the family relationships, who is blood related and who is just friend.   Like we go somewhere and they say, "this is my daughter" and we say "so where is your wife" and he says "well not my daughter but my brother's daughter" or they have like cousin brother/sister if you are their aunt they just call you their mother, it is nuts.   Even my companion gets confused.  
Anyway, this week was a good week.   Seven people at church, meaning investigators.   Three prepping for baptism, the others at one stage or another in their own progression.   We are looking forward to some baptisms maybe at the end of this month, or the start of the next.   We will have to see what happens.   We had ward conference this week, so that took some time,but it was pretty good, we even got to sing in the choir.   That was great.   I got to sing bass, and my comp was doing harmony.   I loved it.  
My comp is doing great.   We are having a lot of fun, and things are going well for us.   This week is transfers, like we get the information, and I really hope we don't get changed he and I.  
"In order to help others, we ourselves need the spiritual and moral courage to withstand the evil we see on every side."
-Thomas S Monson
"When we choose to follow Christ out of faith, rather then another path out of fear, we are blessed."
-Quentin L Cook
It takes a lot of courage to stand up for what you believe.   Even as a missionary to other missionaries, sometimes it takes courage to stand for what we know, believe and have been taught to do.   But if we don't stand up, who will?   God asks us to be bold in living according to His divine laws, and as we do so He will bless us with the strength to withstand the evils we see, and the hardships we face.   If we will be "steadfast and immovable always abounding in good works" as King Benjamin tells us to be, then we can have the spiritual strength to say no, stand firm, even when it is not the "cool" thing to do.   It is always better to be on God's side, then to be "cool" in the eyes of the world.  
"Why don't you have a parachute on?   Because I have to take care of the VIP's first... now that string, you're gonna have to pull it real hard.   Not now were on a plane!"
"This is Esma, living proof that dinosaurs once roamed the Earth."
"You mean you don't have to work for those Decepticons? It's an extremely personal choice."
I love you all.   

No comments:

Post a Comment