Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Another note (Dec. 2)

Dear Momma,
 
I looked into the money thing.   It gets sent to my Senior Companion since I am a visa waiter, but once I get into Zimbabwe it will be put on a card for me.   The money was transferred to it, we just didn't know it was.  
 
I would be lying if I said I wasn't affected by not being with you for Thanksgiving.   I was hit with a very real pang of pain and sorry, and it stuck with me for most of the night, once we had stopped and gotten home.   I missed you dearly and even though the Bishop and his family had us over and treated us with their usual warmth and love, it wasn't the same.   But I am okay, don't worry about me.  
 
I think I am going to send Kenji a letter.   I just got the feeling that I should make contact with him.   Tell him the funnier things about what is down here.   I don't really think he will respond, but I want him to know I think of him and love him.  
 
I hope you and Mikayla will get better and that all will be well with Nicolas.
 
I am glad you were able to see the family (intimate and distant) and that your Turkey day was good.   I really don't know what I could use for Christmas, (except for people to respond to my letters.
 
I think that it is very cool that Uncle Norm and Roger served down here in this area.   But to be honest I don't really remember who uncle Roger is.   Is he the one with the hat, or is that Uncle Blaine?
 
I think it would be cool if daddy came down here, but I don't know if I would be allowed to have lunch with him.   Tell him I miss him to.  
 
We don't yet have any baptisms on the horizon, but we are working on a few.   The contacts are going well, I think I am getting better at them.   I love my companions and we get along great.   No word on the visa and I don't know if I will be transferred.   They keep you with your trainer for two transfers, but they aren't really training me, not in the full capacity.   They leave that for your actual area.   We listen to music a lot, and my comps actually have some of the same CD's and my Comp. Elder Arnell asked me yesterday how I can sing all day everyday and not have my voice give out.  
 
This song came into my head when I was a little homesick on Thanksgiving and it fits what I ask of you.   "Think of me, Think of me fondly when we've said goodbye.   Remember me every so often, Promise me you'll try.   Think of me what ever else you choose to do for there will never be a day when I won't think of you."    Phantom of the Opera.
 
I love you so much.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment